An Exemplary Guide On Garage Floor RepairAugust 2, 2021
Sneak-peek into the endurance of garage floor
- The garage floor handles the weight of your vehicle, which on average is estimated to be approximately 4000 Ibs.
- Human weight
- Garage floors take care of your extra belongings
- It bears temperature fluctuations
- Sometimes it plays the role of your storeroom
But what happens when you see cracks in the garage floor?
Cracks on the garage floor can be alarming. Because it might have been initiated with a small crack, but eventually, it will become a threat to deteriorate the entire Garage. Fixing cracks in the garage floor might sound tedious, but actually, it is not. To your surprise, it can be done quickly, and the cost to replace the garage floor is very pocket-friendly at Garage floor repair Company St. Louis.
Types of Garage concrete repairs
- Surface cracks
Reasons for cracks in garage floor
- Most of the garage cars start to settle primarily due to the weakened soil combined with your heavy-weight trucks.
- Change in atmospheric climate may result in cracks on floors because concrete contracts and expands with a temperature change, all of this makes the concrete settle.
- Contraction joints are one of the reasons that cause cracks.
- Even if your contraction joints are just fine, you may still notice cracks on the floors that might have occurred due to the settling of soil under your slabs.
- When the garage foundation settles, you can notice cracks.
All the things mentioned above are natural and out of control. But, on the brighter side, the good news is that we can fix the cracks in the driveway or the garage floor. Let’s go deeper into the problems and their solutions.
Solutions for cracks occurred due to settling of soil;
Solution for cracks occurred due garage foundation settles.
And if there are cracks only on the garage floors, not on the walls, then you are dealing with something else called a “floating slab” floor. Here you use both methods- slab jacking and piers combinedly to control the damage. Piers take care of the foundation cracks, and slab jacking lifts the floor to its original position. Our foundation repair experts in St. Louis can quickly do a free assessment and come up with a plan to fix your sinking foundation.
Are you dealing with Garage floor cracks and looking for solutions? STLPolyjack is happy to help.
We are an experienced Garage floor repair services company in St. Louis. Our reputation is unmatched. An expert that believes in providing exceptional service for bringing smiles to our customers. Still have doubts, give us a call, and book an appointment. Our project area manager will get in touch with you and evaluate all your problems. We assure you that we execute the best plan of action.